The first MILFORD ALIVE Festival was held in October of last year, 2012. By July of last year, the Merchants Association had virtually no money and there was little time to produce the annual Bed Race, let alone the Fall Festival which had been a free event to the public since 1982. However, by the morning of October 6th, 2012, the day of the 2012 event, the merchants, private citizens, outside companies, and a score of volunteers had stepped up to the plate… and Milford was in for a celebration like we had never seen before.
The FALL FESTIVAL AND ANNUAL BED RACE was replaced by the 2012 MILFORD ALIVE and it was a great event.
Milford’s Bed Race has been an extremely popular event and has never drawn less than 1500 people to our main street. MILFORD ALIVE will continue to use the annual Bed Race as the backbone event in the middle of the day.
The 2012 festivities begin at 11 am and continued throughout the day, ending with a headliner concert and fireworks ending at approximately 10 pm.
- 10am – Arrival of antique/classic cars (link to Antiques car page)
- 11am – Live Music on stage (link to band & entertainment page)
- 11am – Vendors open shop on Bridge Street and side streets (link to Vendor/craftsmen’s page)
- 11am – Many and diverse “special” activities (TBA) for children & adults; including the popular Speeder & Hand Pump railroad cars giving rides on the rails by the train station.
- 2pm – Bridge Closed for Antiques Car Review and Bed Race
- 2:20 – Biplane Flyby
- 2:30 – Speeches from local and national politicians
- 2:40 – Bed Race
- 3:00 – Bridge reopened to traffic
- 9:00 – Fireworks
In addition to the events on Bridge Street, LIVE MUSIC was provided on our main stage from 11 am through 10 pm.